punch me in the face im literally about to cry over this kitty
when alien races only have two genders. when those two genders are male and female. when that alien race adheres to the human gender binary. when female aliens have breasts. when alien races look exactly like humans except maybe they’re orange or purple
Tim Walker’s Pastel Cats
"A lot of people get confused when they see this image. They think it was done by computer, but we actually took pigment powder, mixed it with talc to get the right ice-cream pastel colours, and brushed it into the cats.
The owners were two proud members of the Persian cat club. I can’t remember how I found them, but they turned up in a van, covered in cat fur, and stood breathing down my neck as I took the picture. We were worried about putting all that powder into the animals’ fur, but they said, ‘Oh no, they absolutely love it.’ The cats were such vain creatures - they adored being touched and pampered.
We didn’t really think about which cats, or how many, should be done in which colours. We just did each one, and then they had to go back into their cat beds in the owners’ van. I think I lost count of how many were pink and how many were blue, but when we were finished they all came out and looked great together. There wasn’t enough light to do the picture indoors - but, by a fluke, all the cats seemed to gravitate to this clematis at the bottom of some steps. I didn’t arrange them. This is just what the cats did, and they all pretty much stayed where they were throughout. So it’s actually quite a naturalistic portrait - apart from the colour.
At the time, in May 1998, I had no idea how the picture would resonate with people. But it has been the image I’ve been asked about the most. For some reason, people are just fascinated with it - more than any model, house or celebrity I’ve ever shot. Everyone wants to know about the pastel cats.” -Tim Walker
Interview by Leo Benedictus
This scene is SO important. Maleficent is with someone she trusts, someone she considers a friend. And then the next thing she knows, she wakes up in pain, bleeding, with her wings burned off. A huge part of her has been destroyed.
Rape is so prominent in our culture that it is in a Disney movie. Maybe not explicitly, but it is very clear what this scene represents and it is so sad.
I fucking cried my eyes out during this scene
AJ even confirmed that this is what this scene was a metaphor for (x) - just because i saw someone say today that this is not what this scene is about
'We were very conscious that it was a metaphor for rape': The actress explained how the scene in which her character has her wings ripped off her body while in a drug-induced sleep had to be something 'so violent and aggressive' that it would make her 'lose all sense of her maternity, her womanhood and her softness'
Sleepy Jade. zzzz
Maybe one day I will actually complete this piece
this is some airbending shit right here
HEY HEY ALL!!
As mentioned above, we will be co-hosting this giveaway. Meaning that we are splitting all the costs and have collaborated on the prizes. There willl be three tiers with prizes listed below!
- THIRD PLACE - one Plush under $25 from the online Pokemon Center store, or two under $12 each
This site is amazing, both of us really love the keychains and plushes. If you are chosen for the third place slot, we will contact you and have you chose your items before one of us orders them!
- SECOND PLACE - one $50 amazon gift card
We both do a lot of shopping on Amazon and Ebay, but seeing as there are more options on Amazon we’re opting for a gift card!
And finally, last but not least…
The grand prize … . .
A Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle pack
Details and Rules below!!!
- must be following both maidreport and dropdeadesu seeing as we are the two running the giveaway!!
- must reblog this for entry - you can reblog it as much as you’d like, but please do not spam your followers.
- MUST KEEP YOUR ASK BOX OPEN - There have been times where I go to tell someone they have won and I can not reach them, which means I have to chose someone else. Please, please, please if you are going to enter the giveaway make sure I have a way to get a hold of you.
- on that same topic, you must be comfortable giving out your address - otherwise we will not be able to ship these items to you.
- international shipping yes
- Winners will be chosen on December 15th. It is first come first serve. You will have 48 hours to respond once we have messaged you before we will choose someone else.
- Due to the giveaway ending near the holidays, we will communicate with you about shipping times/ect seeing as shipping can get backed up during the holidays - but we don’t want to push it out too far!!
Any questions contact me!!